Consumers are four times as likely to watch a video about a product, rather than read about it. Learn why video marketing converts new customers.
The rise and rise of video marketing come as no surprise when you uncover how the human brain works:
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times more quickly than text.
- Moving elements fascinate our eyes.
- Combining both sight and sound senses, video engrosses the primitive brain.
- Because the brain pays more attention to the video, the experience is more significant.
- What’s more, videos can trigger emotional responses in the limbic system and frontal lobe.
- All these combined make video content more memorable.
What is Video Marketing?
Any time you use a video to engage with your target audience, you are employing video marketing. The key is not to focus primarily on video advertising. Different types of video content can strengthen the connection between your brand and your prospects or customers:
- Entertain with behind-the-scenes videos, interviews with thought leaders, presentations and talks, event videos, and video blogs (vlogs).
- Inform using product demo videos, influencer reviews, customer testimonials, and live videos that connect in real-time.
Educate via how-to videos, in-depth tutorials; explainer videos that answer FAQs; webinars, or live, web-based video seminars.
Why is Video Marketing Effective
A recent survey found that 84% buy a product or service after watching a video. The following are the reason video marketing is so powerful:
- Showcase your business culture and brand personality.
- Develop trust by demonstrating your values.
- Engage with your target audience in a friendly way.
- Improve SEO with lower bounce rates and higher session durations.
- Boost your social media presence.
- Spread your message – viewers are twice as likely to share videos than any other type of content.
- Provide an attractive ROI – 87% of digital marketers have reported a good ROI with video marketing.
How to Get Started with Video Marketing
Video marketing is as relevant to small businesses and entrepreneurs as big corporations. It levels the playing field to a certain extent, as a big-budget and flashy production do not guarantee success.
Pick up your smartphone and start filming!
A member of the global WSI network, Chesapeake Digital Solutions provides a full range of digital marketing services, including content marketing and SEO, among others. Contact us to see how we can develop a video marketing strategy to build your brand, increase your visibility, and convert new customers.